Recently Google AdSense launch its new kind of ad type called page-level ads and page-level ads introduced now allow you to optimize ad income on high-end mobile devices.
As per Google, Page-level ads are a family of ad formats that offer a new and innovative way for you to monetise your content. With page-level ads, you place the same piece of ad code once on each page on which you want to show the ads. Once you’ve added the code, AdSense will automatically show page-level ads at optimal times when they’ll perform well for you and provide a good experience for your users.
Key features of Page level ads are
- They’re simple to set up. With these ads, you only need to place the ad code on your pages once, and you put the same ad code on each page.
- They’re optimized. To ensure that you and your users get the most from this ad format, AdSense will only show Page-level ads when they’re likely to perform well and provide a good user experience.
- It’s easy to change Page-level ad settings. Once you’ve added the ad code to your pages, you can turn individual Page-level ad formats on or off from the My ads tab in your AdSense account. The ad code remains the same, even when you change your Page-level ad settings.
- They don’t count towards your Google content ad limit per page.
Ad formats under page-level ads
Currently, the page-level ads family includes the following ad formats but coming days more to come:
- Quick Start Ads (Desktop & Mobile): The quickest way to place ads on your site. Get instant display ads on both desktop and mobile. QuickStart ads embed in your page automatically. Flick the switch and ads appear in a matter of minutes. Ads show automatically when we think they’ll perform well.
- Anchor/overlay ads (Mobile Only): Mobile ads that stick to the edge of the user’s screen and are easily dismissable. Shown by AdSense at optimal times to help increase revenue and provide a good user experience. Don’t count as advertisements as part of our valuable inventory policy. The only show on high-end mobile devices.
- Vignette ads (Mobile Only): Mobile full-screen ads that appear between page loads on your site and can be easily dismissed by your users. Shown by AdSense at optimal times to help increase revenue and provide a good user experience. Don’t count as advertisements as part of our valuable inventory policy. The only show on high-end mobile devices. Limited in number to maintain a good user experience
How to set up Page-level ads
To set up Page-level ads to appear on the pages of your site, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click on the My ads tab.
- In the left sidebar, click on Content, then click Page-level ads.
- In the “Page-level ads” section, either switch on: Turn on all formats (recommended) or switch on: QuickStart ads and optionally Anchor/overlay ads and/or Vignette ads.
- Click Get code.
- Copy the ad code and Place this ad code in the <head> tag (or at the top of the <body>) of the pages where you want to show the ads. It’s the same ad code for every page and site, and you won’t need to change it even if you adjust your page-level ads settings.
How to test your ads with the preview tool
Because AdSense only shows Page-level ads on your site at optimal times, you’ll need to use the preview tool to check that they’re working correctly:
- On a mobile device, visit the page where you want to test.
- In the address bar of your mobile browser, add #googleads to the end of your page’s URL, e.g., www.example.com#googleads.
- Select the ad format that you want to test and check the results of the test on your device.
- For vignettes, click any of the highlighted links on your page to test the ads are working.
How to track the performance of ads
You can track the performance of your ads by clicking the view page level ads report under My ads>Content>Page-level ads.
Do share this article with your friends and feel free to comment us for any doubt